Pssst.. Google Chrome should be updating to v3.1!
If not uninstall and then go to: http://bit.ly/oZORiO download the extension, close browser & open it.
Safarifox users! unfortunately there is no autoupdate yet..Go to: http://bit.ly/oZORiO select Safarifox icon and download the script.
We are still working on the commands app.
Don’t forget to rate our Google store: http://bit.ly/oAFxiO
Don’t you love the simplicity of switching tabs in Firefox? (CTRL Tab) - where as Safari is a total bitch and a half to switch tabs (Apple shift arrows) - that’s almost you’re whole left hand and 1 right hand finger - To much if you are anything like me you would have 20 tabs open and you would want to switch to them quickly.
well I did a little digging on the internet and found a solution for safari:
If you go to Preferences> Keyboard & Mouse, you can set the shortcut to be whatever you want in the Keyboard Shortcuts menu.
Click the +, set the application to Safari, enter “Select Next Tab” as the menu title, and then enter your preferred keystrokes and now you can use Cmd-Shift-2 to go to the next tab! - I use (Apple & ~) - I find it much more convenient switching tabs than any other keystroke. You can also Repeat for “Select Previous Tab”
With Glims and this keyboard switching trick - Safari is now Complete.
Recently Apple released an Safari 4 Beta and I had to take it for a test drive.
I must say I am very impressed with it so far, Safari 4 beta:
- Loads almost instantly (no bouncy dock app)
- I am presented with a very beautiful screen showing my Top Sites (Apple should of made it clear that if you want to add top sites there was a quick bookmarking feature)
To add Top sites.. drag the url icon in the address bar from a separate window to the Top Sites Window.. while in edit mode.
- While in the top sites screen I can also navigate my history in coverflow mode
- The Tabs are at the top (very Chrome-like.. but still I prefer it, it shows more of the website)
- Page Rendering is very fast (I am on dial-up speed 56k - because I am capped, but pages load allmost instantly.. can’t wait to try it out on broadband)
- I do not like the fact that the refresh/ Stop button is on the right (I might get used to it)
- Passes the Acid 3 Test
- Many users have complained about the tabs/ navigating and how they prefer using the old classic tabs.. I think this is because many users tend to not know shortcut keys to switching tabs or have not customized their own personal shortcuts for safari.
I posted about this a while back, you can find out about Safari Keyboard Tab Switching
- I am not a fan of the Spinning Loader (I would like to see the % or a bar indicating how much of the page is loaded)
- Not a fan of of Apple calling Safari 3 Innovative.. there isn’t much innovation at all.. they tried out chrome and found that tabs at the top is a good idea.. infact 90% of chrome users agreed that tabs at the top was the way to go.
- I think its about time you can import Bookmarks to safari.
- Glims works!
- Inquisitor does not
- Safari Adblock Works!
So there are some good things about a beta of Safari 4 and some bad.. I can see more promising features in the near future.